Rising majestically in a vibrant area of Vancouver’s city centre called Downtown South, the 40-storey condominium tower is destined to be a much-admired landmark and sought-after place of residence. Tate on Howe gives a grand sense of arrival, breathtaking panoramic views, finishes of the highest quality where every detail is sculpted to perfection. Award-winning Merrick Architecture has gone above and beyond customary high-rise design, setting a new precedent with a unique curvilinear glass and steel form. Expansive windows infuse interiors with natural light, and the tower is purposely designed to optimize views and privacy. Built to LEED Gold standard, energy and water efficiencies enhance livability for residents and promote a greener, cleaner urban environment.
Tate will be located at the corner of Howe and Drake, an area of downtown that has seen a lot of redevelopment in recent years, this 27,000 sqft site is being developed into a 40 story residential hi-rise building with ground floor artist studio and retail space. With unique architecture features including grand lobby, expansive porte cochere and elevated gardens designed by renowned architectural firm Merrick Architecture. This 342 suite development, includes a 10,000 sq ft of artists studios – the design includes – no residential element to them, just artists work space for up to 20 artists. Three commercial retail units in the podium. The artist studios will be located along the Howe Street side of the development.
The 4,224 square feet of retail space in the podium will run along Drake Street, from the corner of Howe and Drake to the western laneway. There will be underground parking, accessible from the laneway, which will provide 316 residential parking spaces, 444 bicycle spaces and three commercial parking spaces, with some spots reserved for the tenants in the artist studios. Presumably the design requirements to make the tower more slender, and floorplates slightly smaller, is represented in the tower redesign.
The Downtown South district is undergoing exciting revitilization and is being dubbed the new cultural heart of Vancouver’s city centre. Tate on Howe is within walking distance of all the hot spots in Yaletown, great shopping on Robson Street, the downtown entertainment district, plus beaches, marinas, the seawall, Stanley Park, and more. Whether you are a fan of live concerts and sporting events, funky eateries or cultural attractions, there’s always something fun to see and do. Shop for delicacies at Urban Fare, or hop on an Aquabus and grab farm-fresh ingredients for dinner at the Granville Island market. Just imagine the convenience of walking to work, and the luxury of ending your day with a leisurely beach stroll at sunset. Whether you prefer to drive, cycle or use public transit, Tate on Howe offers easy access to Kitsilano, Commercial Drive, Gastown, the attractions along West Broadway, Cambie and Main Street, as well as Vancouver’s North Shore mountains. Even getting to Richmond and the Vancouver International Airport is a breeze when you live within a short walk of the Canada Line.
From the expansive lobby to the superior quality finishes, Tate on Howe is sculpted to perfection, worthy of admiration, and certain to the highly coveted residence. From the moment you step inside, serenity embraces you. Instinctively you know you are in a truly exceptional place. The sophistication of the expansive lobby with over-height ceilings affirms your arrival. Having a concierge at your service adds convenience and ensures peace of mind. Artistry and functionality are woven seamlessly into every detail, from the 12-foot-high water wall and beautiful landscaping to the contemporary Porte-Cochere, a feature traditionally reserved for Manhattan-style residences. The entry to Tate on Howe conﬁrms it is a home of masterful design.
• Highly desirable Downtown location – walking distance to everything
• Striking curvilinear building design by award-winning Merrick Architecture
• 40-storey tower designed to optimize spectacular water and city views
• Contemporary porte-cochere at entry enhances sense of arrival
• Expansive over-height lobby with concierge service for residents
• Quality concrete construction
• Built to LEED Gold standard, optimizing energy and water efficiencies
THE TATE CLUBHOUSE
• Unparalleled collection of indoor and outdoor amenities spanning over 11,700 sq. ft.
• Fireside lounge and library with over-height ceilings
• Social room includes a chef’s kitchen and formal dining area
• Deluxe fitness facilities encompass a 2,100 sq. ft. gym with state-of-the-art equipment, a relaxing yoga studio, plus spacious change rooms and showers
• Billiards room with comfortable seating areas
• 12-seat surround sound theatre
• Beautifully landscaped raised podium terrace garden on 5th floor spanning 5,200 sq. ft. with a calming water feature and sheltered courtyards
• Business facilities include a meeting room and large conference room LUXURIOUS INTERIORS
• Decor by award-winning Cristina Oberti Interior Design
• Choice of two urban colour palettes – Picasso or DalÍ
• Expansive windows and thoughtful floor plans optimize natural light and views
• 8’6″ ceiling heights; 9’ ceilings on the 34th floor and above
• Beautiful laminate flooring throughout the kitchen, living and dining areas
• Cozy and comfortable nylon carpeting in bedrooms
• Modern, high quality seamless roller blinds for privacy and shade THOUGHTFUL EXTRAS
• Sleek Kohler stainless-steel single bowl undermount sink with a Kohler faucet and pullout spray
• Convenient in-sink waste disposal system
• Contemporary European cabinetry systems by Eggersmann
• Stylish quartz countertops with 8″ backsplash
• Luxurious deep full-size soaker tub
• Four-piece ensuites with double sinks and separate showers in select homes
• Premium modern faucets and fixtures by Kohler
• Sleek 12″x24″ porcelain tile floor in master bath; marble mosaic tile in main bath
• Porcelain and marble wall tile for tub surround and shower PEACE OF MIND
• Enterphone with state-of-the-art access control system
• Secured residential access to each floor
• Hard-wired smoke detectors in each home
• Gated and secure underground parking for residents and visitors
• Comprehensive 2-5-10 year New Home Buyer’s Warranty provided by Travelers Canada
• 2 years materials and labour
• 5 year building envelope
• 10 year structural defect
• Exceptional after-sales service provided by Bonds Group of Companies’ customer care team
With amenities that are unmatched by any other downtown high-rise, the Tate Clubhouse captures the essence of an elite private club. The Tate Clubhouse boasts an unparalleled collection of indoor and outdoor amenities spanning over 11,700 sq. ft. There’s a Social Room, complete with a chef’s kitchen and formal dining area, that opens onto a beautifully landscaped raised podium garden. This 5th floor Terrace Garden spans 5,200 sq. ft. and includes a calming water feature and sheltered Courtyards. The Fireside Lounge and Library with over-height ceilings provide a cozy setting for reading and relaxation. Deluxe fitness facilities encompass a 2,100 sq. ft. Gym with state-of-the-art equipment, a relaxing Yoga Studio, plus spacious change rooms and showers. Take advantage of the Meeting Room and large Conference Room to impress clients and conduct business. If you like to socialize close to home, enjoy a casual evening with friends and neighbours in the Billiards Room, or entertain Hollywood-style with a private screening of the latest movies in the 12-seat surround sound Theatre.
Having such luxurious amenities at your doorstep allows you to indulge in life’s daily pleasures. Tate on Howe has dedicated over 10,000 sq. ft. to the arts, making it a destination for both connoisseurs and collectors. Imagine artists studios flooded with natural light, and an expansive open four-storey, glass-lined exhibit gallery able to accommodate large-scale paintings, sculptures and video art at your doorstep.
Building Name: Tate on Howe
Address: 1265 Howe Street, Vancouver V6Z 1B7
Developer: Bonds Group of Companies
Architect: Merrick Architecture Interior
Design: Cristina Oberti
Year Built: Estimated Completion in Summer 2017
Prices: From $268,000 Unit Sizes: From 449 sf to 1750 sf
This representation is based in whole or in part on data generated by the Chilliwack & District Real Estate Board, Fraser Valley Real Estate Board or Real Estate Board of Greater Vancouver which assumes no responsibility for its accuracy - Listing data updated on September 28, 2023.